with Test Driven Development Course
C# is emerging as one of the most popular object-oriented languages. Like Java or C++, the syntax for C# can be learned in a few days using books or reference materials. But learning how to properly design and develop programs using C# and learning the subtle nuances of the C# language is an entirely different matter.
This 5-day course provides a pragmatic, systematic approach to software development using object-oriented design principles, the test-driven development process and the C# language. Using this approach, you will learn how to leverage the C# language and libraries to produce high-quality, robust, defect-free code.
The object-oriented design principles are reinforced throughout the course to help you learn to identify whether a design is "good" or "bad". The test-driven development process is taught on the first day and practiced in all subsequent exercises. Following the simple steps involved in test-driven development results in vastly improved design, minimized defects, and comprehensive system-level documentation.
The course is an intense, hands-on experience. Lectures have been minimized in favor of programming exercises. The test-driven development process is used to develop all of the exercises and allows you to become very familiar with the details and nuances of the C# language and the overall development environment. Working in a team of two developers, you are given business requirements in the form of stories and tasked with implementing the code. This paired programming technique enriches the learning experience by allowing you to collaborate with another developer and ensures that no one is "left behind".
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Write code in C# to implement object-oriented designs
- Translate UML diagrams into C# source code
- Use test-first design to build C# solutions
- Recognize good and bad C# programming practices
- Understand the core .NET class libraries
- Effectively use C# concepts such as delegates, operator overloading, and regular expressions
- Write applications that execute in multiple threads
- Understand object-oriented design principles
- Understand the value of .NET
- Some programming experience
- Enthusiasm and ready to learn
- Price includes course notes and workbooks
Registration and Start Dates
To request an onsite or private course or for more information about registration and start dates,
call 1-847-249-4209 or click here to email