Agile Product Owner
Traditionally, business assigned the responsibility of managing a software system or product release to a trained project manager. While the project manager ran the project, the business would then wait and hope for the best. Using this approach has led to project failure rates of over 50% and projects outcomes that are far less than satisfactory [source].
Scrum and Agile methods offer an alternative approach. As a Product Owner, you work in partnership with development, guiding them through the project, inspecting the output, and helping them adapt to change as the inevitable issues and tradeoffs arise.
The Product Owner’s primary tool is a list of prioritized, estimated and risk-assessed features called a Product Backlog. Using the backlog, the Product Owner guides the development process to guarantee that the most valuable functionality is built first with the least risk. As the project progresses, the Product Owner reviews the progress (usually in the form of demonstrations) and adjusts the Product Backlog to incorporate their insights and adapt to changing business conditions.
Scrum Alliance Certification
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner™.
This certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional member-only materials are available.
Project Management Professional Certification
Please note that this course counts for 16 Professional Development Units.
- How to learn and use project-proven practices
- How to write a highly useful product backlog
- Proven techniques for prioritizing the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- Learn to work with relative size estimation, velocity reporting and other agile practices
- Learn to look for and manage key variables for project success
- Learn about lean values and principles and how to reduce waste and increase and quality and productivity on projects
- Learn how to scale the product owner role on large, multi-continent projects
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s pioneering experience of using Scrum and Agile principles in a wide variety of environments
- Price includes course notes and workbooks
Registration and Start Dates
To request an onsite or private course or for more information about registration and start dates,
call 1-847-249-4209 or click here to email